Cycle through the rice fields and feel like Julia Roberts in the movie Eat, Prey, Love. Here you really will be observing village life, with scenes and views feeling reminiscent of the movie. You’ll see chilli’s and other produce growing, ladies attending the rice fields, Hindu and Muslim villages, a small and quiet Hindu temple, finishing the day with a local lunch.
- Pick up from hotel and drive to a traditional village
- Meet with your village guide and be assigned bicycles and equipment
- You will ride along the river, through villages, rice fields and vegetable plantations
- We will stop at this rice, fruit and vegetable plantation to watch how locals farm the land
- After this we will continue on our ride and visit Lingsar village, this a place where Hindus and Muslims come together to live and worship. There a communal Temple here, the site is divided up so each religion has a space to worship
- We will take a break in Jenggala to take photographs and look around. This village is famous for weaving colourful bags and other products. – After this, we have a rest in a berugak (traditional wooden gazebo), where we will serve you a young coconut and steamed sweet potato, from the farmer
- At the end of the bike ride we will take you to a shop that makes food products from seaweed
- Return to your Hotel
- Bike & equipment
- Local lunch (Vegetarian option available – booking needed)
Prices are calculated on the expectation that guests will be collected from and then returned to either Mataram or Senggigi. If guests wish to be collected from or returned to other locations in Lombok, then there will be an additional surcharge. Groups larger than 6 can be accommodated for, however, this must be discussed prior to booking.