Gili Trawangan, Gili Air & Gili Meno
The perfect half-day excursion to do whilst on the Gili’s. Snorkel the waters of all 3 islands, visit the underwater statues off the coast of Gili Meno designed by Jason deCaires Taylor – a famous underwater sculptor, Swim with our friendly turtles and identify the endless species of fish.
Choose between 2 trip options :
Public Snorkelling Trip – Our public trips are a great way to meet other travellers’, and are also more budget-friendly! This trip includes 3-4 snorkelling stops which are decided by the captain on the day, dependant on weather conditions and currents. Be aware you will be visiting very popular snorkelling spots which can attract quite a crowd! Stop off in Gili Meno for a bite to eat and enjoy the powdered, white sand beaches. Please note lunch is not included in the price. The capacity of this trip is normally around 20-30 people.
Private Snorkelling Trip – Be in charge of your day, choose where you want to go and see what you want to see. Avoid the crowds by visiting the peaceful snorkelling spots first, returning to the busier ones when the other public trips have moved on. This trip is a unique, intimate experience as you will explore the reef with only your group and guide. Stop off in Gili Meno for a bite to eat and enjoy the powdered, white sand beaches. Please note lunch is not included in the price.
- Meeting point for the public boat is on Gili Trawangan in front of the White Mosque – beach side
- Meeting point for the private boat is Gili Trawangan, Gili Air or in Lombok (to be arranged in advance)
- First of all, Gili Meno Turtle Point. Here you will have the opportunity to snorkel along side the famous Gili turtles.
- The waters of Gili Meno are also home to the human shaped sculptures, created by the artist Jason deCaires Taylor, with the aim of encouraging coral reef development
- After, we will head to Gili Air to the snorkelling point named Fish Garden
- Then we will get lunch on another Gili – Air or Trawangan – dependent of your start location and have a rest
- Finally, we will return back to Gili T, Gili Air or Lombok (depending on what you have arranged with us).
- Mask, snorkel and fins
- Boat and captain
- Life jacket on board the boat
Please be careful not to step on the coral and please NEVER touch the turtles. Reef safe sunscreen is also advisable to avoid any kind of coral bleaching. Help us to protect our coral reefs so that all can enjoy for years to come!
Public boat prices are calculated on the expectation that guests will begin their trip from Gili Trawangan. Private boat options are also available from the Gilis – please enquire directly for prices. Guests wishing to begin their trip from Lombok can only do the private boat option. Guests beginning from Lombok are expected to meet at Mentigi Harbour or Teluk Kodek Harbour. Transport to these locations can be organised through us for a small additional fee. The order the boat will visit each snorkel point is dependent on the weather, the captain and the ocean currents.